Good evening, Canvas Family. Thank you to all of you that have encouraged Farah and me with phone calls, encouraging messages, and support. You are a blessing. We are all doing well and are on the back end of this. We are feeling a lot better and beginning to get our strength back. Thanks, again. We love you all.
We are sad to say that we have had several positive tests within our church family. We are praying for a quick recovery for all of you. Due to the positive cases we will be moving all services online for the next two weeks. A video will go out tomorrow with more information on our online services. Youth Services and Groups will be moved to Zoom for the next two weeks as well.
A few things to consider:
• If you have any symptoms, it is important that you go get tested. You can get a test at your primary care doctor, any urgent care facility, or at the health department.
• If you have tested positive or been exposed, it is important to quarantine.
• Remember that this isn’t about timelines, symptoms, or exposures. This is about people. Check on, care for, and pray for each other. We are all in this together.
• Please note that we have a few members who have tested positive but weren’t at church on Sunday and/or have had no exposure to those members who have confirmed cases. It’s important that we all pay attention to our environment at work, the grocery store, school, and in the community. There has been a rise in cases in our community, so stay safe and healthy.
• All throughout history the church has stood in the face of adversity and risen above it. We must respect COVID, but we cannot let fear stop us. Our God is greater than any fear and illness.
• Late next week we will send out some info concerning what we will be doing to return to in person services in the near future. Gathering is necessary, but we want to make sure that we are taking the necessary precautions to stay safe.
Please feel free to contact me at or at 865-599-0025 if you have any questions or concerns. We love you all, and can’t wait to see you again.
COVID UPDATE 10/9/2020:
Good evening, Canvas Family. We hope you are all doing well. After many positive cases within our church body, the elders have decided to delay resuming in-person services until November 1st. Online services, Youth and Group Zoom meetings will continue until through October 26th. We will reassess this week, and give an update no later than 10/24. Please feel free to CONTACT us if you have any questions or concerns.
COVID UPDATE 10/16/2020: https://www.facebook.com/mycanvaschurch/videos/678974749720462/
In His Grip,
We hope you’re all doing well and are enjoying this beautiful fall weather. We’d like to ask you to pray with us as Jerod, Farah, and I have all received positive Covid-19 tests. As of now, we’re all doing fine. We’ll be following the CDC guidelines for quarantine, and after discussion with the church board and staff, we have decided it’s best to cancel all services and groups for this Wednesday and Sunday. The women’s retreat will be postponed as well, and more details will be out soon.
We are unaware to how many individuals were exposed, and want to be as cautious as possible. Anyone concerned about having been exposed should isolate and plan a test about five days after exposure. Data shows that testing prior to that is resulting in upwards of 60% false negative. Testing in the first 2 days of exposure is more than 90% false negative.
The church will be deeply cleaned and sanitized before any meetings resume. We’re praying for the health of all. Feel free to email or call the church office at 865-599-0025 with any questions or concerns. We’ll connect with everyone on Friday with an update and Sunday Service information.
Much love to all,
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
Ephesians 2:10 ESV